Korean Carrot Ingredients
- Carrots 500 gr.
- Onions 300 gr.
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- Vegetable oil 50-60 ml.
- Vinegar 9% 1,5-2 tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- Pepper (red, ground, hot) to taste
- Black pepper, ground to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Carrot
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Frying pan, Bowl, Grater, Cutting board, Kitchen knife, Garlic
Cooking Korean carrots:
Step 1: Prepare the carrots.It is better to use large carrots, so it will be easier for you to cook it. In general, Koreans do not use graters, but cut carrots by hand, and very thinly. Carrots must be washed, peeled, and grated with a thin, long straw. Squeeze the juice and transfer it to a bowl, salt and let it soak for 20-30 minutes. After that, add sugar and hot red and black pepper to the carrot, about 0.5 teaspoon each. Mix everything well.
Step 2: Cooking Korean carrot dressing.
Step 3: Cook the carrots in Korean.Now we need to fill the carrots with hot oil and mix it well. Peel and squeeze the garlic through the garlic, then add to the carrots. By the way, it can not only be squeezed out through a press, but also finely chopped. But he will not let all the juice go. Coriander must be crushed with a large knife. After that, add it to the carrots. We mix the carrots well again and put it under the press (for example, under a jar of water) for 20 minutes. After that, remove the press and put the carrots in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours so that it is saturated with spices and dressing. But before that you can try it and, if it seems to you that it does not have enough spices or vinegar, then add them.
Step 4: Serve the carrot in Korean.Serving Korean carrots is best as a snack. You can decorate it on top with parsley leaves and it is ideal for meat dishes. Enjoy your meal!
- - I do not recommend using ground coriander, the taste will be completely different. Better crush coriander grains yourself.
- - Thanks to vinegar, Korean carrots can be stored in the refrigerator for a long time.
- - You can also add fresh cilantro as spices in carrots.
- - Some add soy sauce, and the taste of carrots in Korean changes immediately. Therefore, I do not use it. Without it, it turns out more naturally.
- - After you grate the carrots, be sure to squeeze it from the juice, otherwise the Korean carrot will turn out to be very watery.