- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 17.3-ounce package frozen puff pastry (2 sheet), thawed
- 1 pound peaches, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 1/2 tablespoons plus 8 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg white, whisked until frothy
Combine cream, milk, and orange peel in heavy small saucepan. Bring to simmer. Remove from heat. Cover and let steep 15 minutes.
Whisk yolks and sugar in medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk warm milk mixture into yolk mixture; return to saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture coats back of spoon and leaves path when finger is drawn across, stirring constantly, about 7 minutes (do not boil). Pour into bowl. Chill until cold, whisking occasionally, about 3 hours. DO AHEAD Sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Roll out 1 pastry sheet to 14-inch square. Using 5-inch-diameter bowl as guide, cut out 4 circles. Transfer circles to prepared sheet; cover with plastic. Repeat with second pastry sheet. Transfer pastry circles to same baking sheet, placing atop plastic wrap. Freeze 10 minutes.
Toss peaches, raspberries, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, flour, and lemon juice in medium bowl.
Roll out pastry circles on lightly floured surface to 7-inch-diameter rounds. Place 1/4 cup fruit mixture in center of each round. Gather dough atop fruit and twist and pinch firmly to enclose completely. Place on large baking sheet. Freeze bundles at least 15 minutes. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep frozen.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush bundles all over with egg white, and sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon sugar. Bake until golden, about 22 minutes. Cool on baking sheet on rack at least 10 minutes.
Place 2 tablespoons sauce in center of each of 8 plates. Place 1 bundle in center of each plate and serve warm.
Please navigate through our current menu by using the links along the top of your screen.
Tell Me More
- A simple but delicious flavour combination
- The sponge is almond frangipane, flavoured with orange
- Great warm, even better cold, so it&rsquos perfect for a buffet or summer party
- Serve at room temperature with clotted cream ice cream
- Serve warm with custard
- Terrific with crème fraȋche and decorated with some raspberries
Our indulgent, hand-prepared puddings are frozen and need defrosting for a minimum of 5 hours at room temperature (please check the pack)
Liz&rsquos 3 golden rules of frozen puddings:
Liz Dove has been our pudding maestro since the beginning of COOK, so there's not much she doesn't know about frozen puddings. These are her 3 golden rules:
- Remove all packaging when frozen: Always take your pud out of its box and put it on your serving plate while it&rsquos still frozen.
- Serve at the correct temperature. Some puds are best served at room temperature, but cheesecakes are best chilled. Always check the instructions on the packaging.
- Slice with a hot knife. Dip your knife in hot water to get a lovely, smooth slice.
How We Make It At Our Kitchen
- Our classic pastry base is baked blind and filled with an orange flavoured almond frangipane.
- We then arrange peach slices, raspberries and blueberries over the frangipane.
- Once baked and cooled, we add an apricot jam glaze and sprinkle over some chopped pistachios.
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which: sugars (g)||15.2||9.9|
|of which are saturates (g)||9.5||6.2|
Please Note: The details above are correct as of 13 June 2021 but as we are constantly improving our recipes it is essential to check the label on the packaging.
Make the most of in-season ingredients with these tasty recipes and tips
Buy any specially marked pack of Gippsland Dairy yogurt for your chance to win one of 500 Ice Cream Makers
Conditions apply, see http://www.gippslanddairygiveaway.com.au/terms-conditions. Starts: 10/05/21. Ends: 11:59pm AEST 03/09/21 or until 500 prizes have been won. Limit 1 entry per unique code. Instant win prizes: 500 x Cuisinart Ice Cream Makers ($659 each). Winners at http://www.gippslanddairygiveaway.com.au/ from 21/5/21. Promoter: CHOBANI PTY LTD (ABN 53 096 731 467) of 451-455 Hammond Rd, Dandenong South, VIC, 3175. Permits: NSW TP-00773 ACT TP20/01466 SA T20/1313. Please note: whilst every effort is made to ensure specially marked promotional products are provided as part of online order fulfilment, Chobani and Coles cannot guarantee what packaging customers will actually receive which may prevent customers entering this competition.
Custard Orange Recipes
- My Orange, Rhubarb & Ginger Crumble Served With Ho .
My Orange, Rhubarb & Ginger Crumble Served With Ho .
Blackberry Orange Custard Tart Recipe. Roll out the pastry to line the tin .
Chilled Apple And Orange Crumble With Fresh Strawb .
I made this in an 8.5 x 12" flan tin and cut into 15 squares. http://h .
This warm dessert with tangy oranges is perfect for cold winter nights.
Fig and muscat pudding with orange custard recipe - Brush a 2L (8-cup) capa .
Carb choices: 1 These delicate custards get their captivating flavor from a .
This is a mouth-watering version of the Greek dessert Galatboureko. It is a .
Liqueur Infused Oranges With Ice Cream And Custard .
Arrange the figs in concentric circles or jumble them on helter-skelter. If .
The sauce is reminiscent of that sentimental summertime favorite, the 50/50 .
A delicious and impressive desert&ndashrefreshing, sweet, and sure to plea .
This indulgent looking tart is actually fairly angelic so even those on a d .
Recapture the bygone flavour of this popular French dessert. Equipment a .
Peanut butter chips evenly distribute little bursts of peanut butter goodne .
Tamasin Day Lewis creates a delightful orange dessert based on Elizabeth Ra .
A different take on an old favorite: creamy custard pie- this oldie but a g .
Chocolate Souffle with Orange Custard Sauce - The Huffington Post
Caramelized Orange Custard, Recipe
Custard With Rum-Marinated Oranges
MyRecipes recommends that you make this Custard with Rum-Marinated Oranges .
Food Network invites you to try this Orange-Vanilla Frozen Custard recipe f .
Use your favorite citrus fruits in this dessert recipe, which is easy to ma .