Ingredients for Making Orange Wine
- Large orange 3 pieces
- 1/2 medium-sized lemon
- Dry white wine 2 liters
- Vodka 0.4 liters
- Refined sugar 400 grams
- Main Ingredients: Orange, Lemon, Vodka, White Wine
- Serving 10 Servings
Inventory:Deep bowl, Cutting board, Knife, Juicer, Three-liter glass jar, Nylon cover for jar, Gauze, Kitchen sponge for washing dishes, Sieve, Wine bottle, Carafe, Wine glasses, Tablespoon, Kitchen watering can, Refrigerator
Cooking Orange Wine:
Step 1: prepare the oranges.
We wash the oranges under running water and put in a deep bowl. We pour citruses with boiling water in order to leave bitterness from the peel, and also to destroy microbes that can cause wine fermentation. After that, put the oranges on a cutting board and, using a knife, cut them in half.
Squeeze out juice from each orange part, but do not throw out the skin, it will still be useful to us.
Step 2: prepare the lemon.
Lemon as well as oranges, washed under running water and doused with boiling water. Squeeze juice from citrus using the same juicer. Attention: We don’t throw away the lemon peel, since it will also come in handy for us.
Step 3: prepare the jar.
In order for the wine not to ferment, it is very important to use only clean containers. Therefore, we wash the jar well under running warm water, using a kitchen sponge for washing dishes. You can also use baking soda for cleaning, and then pour hot water on the container, but in no case boiling water so that the jar does not crack. We perform the same procedure with a nylon cover.
Step 4: prepare the orange wine.
Pour wine and vodka into a glass jar, as well as freshly squeezed juice of oranges and lemon. Add citrus peels and sugar cubes here and mix everything thoroughly with a tablespoon. Close the jar tightly with a lid and put in a dark cool place to insist for 6 weeks. After the allotted time, we get a jar, and filter the wine through cheesecloth, which we put in a sieve.
Attention: cheesecloth must be folded in several layers and filter the alcoholic beverage in a deep bowl. So the precipitate and possible pulp from oranges and lemon will go away. Now pour the orange wine through a kitchen watering can into a wine bottle and set to cool in the refrigerator.
Step 5: serve the orange wine.
When the wine cools, pour part of it through a watering can into a decanter and we can serve the drink to the table. Pour wine into glasses and enjoy this aromatic drink with fruit and chocolate.
Enjoy your drinking!
- If sediment remains at the bottom of the wine bottle, then the wine must be poured into the decanter with extreme care so that all the sediment remains in the bottle.
- This wine can be stored for several years. Only in this case it is necessary to keep it in a container with a well-closed lid so that the drink does not begin to ferment.
- The wine does not have to be infused for 6 weeks, since the drink is, in principle, already ready the next day. Just the longer he insists, the tastier it will be.
- For the preparation of orange wine, it is necessary to use only refined sugar, since compared to ordinary white sugar it is much cleaner and there is a greater chance that the wine will not ferment.