Ingredients for Cooking Lean Orange Cookies
- Oranges 2 pieces
- Flour 380-400 grams
- Sugar 120 grams or to taste
- Icing sugar 200 grams
- Vegetable oil 5 tablespoons
- Soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients: Orange, Flour, Sugar
Inventory:Sieve, Bowl, Grater, Juicer, Plates, Tablespoon, Oven, Baking tray, Kitchen gloves, Rolling pin, Baking paper, Knife, Cutting board, Serving dish
Cooking Lean Orange Biscuits:
Step 1: prepare the orange.First, carefully rinse the oranges under running water from contaminants. Then put it on a cutting board and use a knife to cut it in half. After that, squeeze the juice into any convenient container with a juicer. And the remaining pulp we get a tablespoon or teaspoon. Put it in a separate plate. And armed with a grater with small holes, we rub the orange zest, for our recipe we will need two citrus halves. The resulting chips are transferred to a small container.
Step 2: prepare the dough.Now we need to sift the flour. To do this, set a sieve over a bowl, pour flour into it and sift it. Then add sugar and soda. Mix the contents with a tablespoon. Next, spread the orange pulp, zest, vegetable oil and most of the freshly squeezed juice to the dry ingredients, leaving about 2 to 3 tablespoons in the container. Knead the dough first with a tablespoon, and then with your hands directly in a bowl until smooth. It should turn out quite dense and not fall apart.
Step 3: make cookies.To make it easier to roll out the dough, we will divide it into several parts. Now we roll out any part into a layer with a rolling pin up to 1 centimeter thick and cut it with a knife into cookies of the desired size, you can also use any special mold for these purposes. We cover the baking tray with baking paper and spread our, so far, raw cookies on it. We form orange cookies from the remaining dough and start baking.
Step 4: bake cookies.Preheat the oven to 190 - 200 degrees Celsius. And only after it reaches the set temperature do we remove the baking tray with cookies on the middle shelf. Bake dessert about 15 - 20 minutes until ready. This can be easily determined visually, the cookies are covered with a delicious golden crust. Then, using the kitchen gloves, we take the baking tray out of the oven and leave the orange dessert to cool at room temperature.
Step 5: prepare the icing.And while the cookie cools down, you can cook the icing, the more it is prepared in an elementary way. Pour the icing sugar into a deep plate and with constant stirring with a tablespoon or a whisk, pour in the orange juice that we left in the container. The icing should not be very thin, but not very thick, the consistency of thick cream or sour cream.
Step 6: serve the lean orange cookies.Pour the cookies with the icing and let it set. After that, we separate the pastries from the baking paper with a kitchen spatula and lay them on a beautiful dish. Lean orange cookies can be served along with fragrant tea or any juice of your choice, as well as compotes or coffee. Delicious pastries for the dessert table are ready. Enjoy your meal!
- - If you do not have a juicer, then squeeze the orange juice with your hands. Cut the citrus in half and squeezing heavily, we survive the juice.
- - To give your baking a complex, deep flavor, you can add a little cinnamon or vanilla extract, as well as vanilla sugar, to the dough.
- - Glaze can be prepared not only from oranges, but also from lemons or a mixture of various citrus fruits.
- - When the post ends, such cookies can be prepared using butter.
- - Sugar powder is not necessary to buy in the store, it can be prepared at home. To do this, simply pour the right amount of sugar into a coffee grinder or blender and grind the ingredient.