Ingredients for Making Potato Soup
- Broth 1 liter
- Potato 500 gr.
- Sour cream (or cream) 200 gr.
- Butter 2 tbsp. spoons
- Dill greens 1 bunch
- Horseradish 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste to taste
- Main Ingredients Potato
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Saucepan with Lid, Bowl, Knife, Cutting Board, Deep Spoon, Blender
Cooking mashed potato soup:
Step 1: Cook the potatoes.Peel the potatoes from the skin with a knife or a special peeling for vegetables. Rinse it thoroughly under running water and cut into cubes. In a saucepan over low heat, dissolve the butter and throw the potatoes there. Fry it a little in butter (about 5 minutes), stirring constantly. After that, pour the broth into the pan. It can be made from any kind of meat. The broth can be replaced with water in the same proportion. A bunch of dill needs to be well washed, tied with natural thread and dip it into the broth. We cover the pan with a lid and cook the potatoes on a weak window for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Cook the spicy soup sauce.While the potatoes are being cooked, prepare the sauce for the mashed potato soup. In a small bowl or bowl, mix sour cream with horseradish. Red beetroot horseradish can be bought canned in banks at any store. Mix the mixture thoroughly until smooth. Instead of sour cream, you can use fat cream.
Step 3: Puree the soup.Remove the pan from the heat. We get a bunch of greens from the broth. Using a blender, grind the potatoes in the soup until mashed. If you do not have a blender, then you can make mashed potatoes with a special press, which is available in almost every kitchen or with the help of a special mixer nozzle. After the mashed potatoes are ready, put the pan on the fire again, salt and pepper to taste. Bring the soup to a boil and remove it from the heat.
Step 4: Serve the mashed potato soup.Pour a serving of mashed soup into a deep plate. Add the sauce to the plate and decorate with chopped herbs. Bon appetit and all the best to you!
- If the soup seems too light for you, you can cook other vegetables (carrots, zucchini, onions) with potatoes and chop them in a mashed potato with a blender. Then the soup will be thicker and more satisfying.
- Potatoes for such a soup need to select only boiled varieties. It is from them that the airy and tasty mashed potatoes are obtained.
- Potato soup puree is especially tasty to eat with crackers or croutons.