Ingredients for cooking zucchini for the winter
For 4 liter cans: Vegetables and greens:
- Zucchini 2 kilograms (with an approximate length of 15 centimeters and a volume of 4-5 centimeters)
- Dill branches with umbrellas 300 grams (half beam)
- Horseradish leaves 4 pieces
- Bitter chili pepper of any color 4 pieces (length not more than 3 centimeters)
- Garlic -8 prongs (2 in each jar) to taste
- Laurel leaf 4 pieces (1 piece in each jar)
- Black peppercorns 8 pieces (2 pieces in each jar)
- Allspice 16 peas (4 in each jar)
- 1 teaspoon coriander per can
- Distilled pure water 1.5 liter
- Coarse salt (without iodine) 4-5 tablespoons or to taste
- Sugar 2 tablespoons or to taste
- Table vinegar 9% for each jar, 1 tablespoon or to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Knife, Cutting board, Kettle, Stove, Bank, sterilized liter - 4 pieces, Metal lid for preservation, sterilized - 4 pieces, Saucepan, Kitchen towel, Kitchen table, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Preservation key , Blanket
Cooking zucchini for the winter:
Step 1: prepare the zucchini.Rinse the required number of zucchini under cold running water, place in a deep bowl and let dry. At all zucchini with a knife, cut off the parts on which the stalks and inflorescences were attached. Then lay them on a chopping board one at a time and cut into rings with an approximate thickness from 1 to 1.5 centimeters. Then transfer them to a clean deep boiled water bowl.
Step 2: prepare spices and herbs.Bring a full kettle of plain running water to a boil on the stove. Fill dill greens with horseradish leaves in a deep bowl and pour over boiling water, then drain the water, let the greens cool, shake it off the excess liquid over the sink, divide into 4 equal parts and place it in sterilized jars. Rinse the chili peppers under running water and put 1 in each jar. Peel the garlic and put 2 in each in a jar. On top of vegetables and greens, tamp the zucchini rings tightly so that they fill the jar to the very neck.
Step 3: prepare the marinade and fill.Turn the stove on to a high temperature and place a pan on it with the right amount of clean distilled water. After the water boils, remove the pan from the stove with a kitchen towel and pour it into jars with zucchini to the very top of the necks. Let the zucchini stand in boiling water 10 minutes. Then make a tourniquet from a kitchen towel, grab a jar with it so that its middle lies on the slightly open lid, and very carefully drain the water back into the pan. Drain the remaining cans in the same way. Re-bring the water in the pan to a boil, reduce the temperature of the stove to a medium level, add the right amount of salt, vinegar and sugar to the pan and cook the marinade for 10 minutes until they are completely dissolved.
Step 4: preserve the zucchini for the winter.While the marinade is boiling, put in jars all the spices indicated above in the ingredients. Pour the finished, hot marinade into the jars, cover them with sterilized lids for preservation and seal the jars with the preservation key. Then turn them upside down, supporting the lid with a kitchen towel, and place them on the kitchen table. Make sure that the jar is closed tightly and that no air bubbles rise from under the lid. If the can is not closed tightly, repeat the clogging process. If the cans are closed tightly, lay a woolen blanket on the floor and put the cans down on one of its ends, cover the cans with the other end of the blanket so that there are no gaps. Allow your preservation to cool for 12 days without sudden changes in temperature. After the cans with zucchini have cooled, turn them upside down and place them in a cool, well-ventilated place, such as a pantry, basement or cellar.
Step 5: serve the zucchini for the winter.Winter squash is served cold for adults and room temperature for children. Before serving, they can be cut into slices, straws or cut into 2 parts. This type of preservation is suitable for the preparation of dishes such as vinaigrette, squash pickle. Also, such zucchini are perfectly combined with any side dish, they are often added to pizza and pies. Zucchini for the winter will look great on your table in the company of sour tomatoes and cucumbers. Enjoy it! Enjoy your meal!
- - Cans for preservation can be sterilized in an autoclave, microwave or in a large pan. The easiest way: type in a pot of running water so that it is two fingers higher than the cans, and boil the cans in it for 15 minutes. The lids for preservation can be sterilized with jars or separately in a deep bowl filled with water. Sterilization time for caps is 15 to 20 minutes. - The set of spices and herbs in this recipe is not important, you can put any spices and herbs that are suitable for preservation and vegetables, such as cloves, mustard seeds, parsley, cinnamon and many others. - Sometimes in order to give zucchini a richer flavor and aroma, cherry leaves, oak leaves, currant berries, cranberries, sweet bell pepper are added to them. - Remember that all the equipment that you will use during conservation must be thoroughly washed, sterilized or treated with boiling water! - The above method can be used to preserve tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, lettuce and cabbage.