Ingredients for making green tomato jam
- Tomatoes green 1 kilogram
- Sugar 1 kilogram 200 grams
- Distilled pure water 1 liter
- Citric acid to taste
- Main Ingredients Tomato
- Serving 3 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Deep pan - 2 pieces, Plate, Knife, Cutting board, Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Teaspoon, Colander, Plastic wrap, Kettle, Kitchen wooden spatula, Jar, sterilized half liter - about 3 - 4 pieces, Lid for preservation sterilized - about 3-4 pieces, Tongs for preservation, Key for preservation, Woolen blanket, Bowl or vase for jam
Making green tomato jam:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.Place a deep pan of ordinary running water on the stove and bring to a boil. Sort the green tomatoes and remove the damaged, rotted fruit. Then rinse them under running water and place them in a deep bowl. Let the tomato dry. Then cut off the places on the tomato where the stalk was attached, cut in half and remove the seeds with a teaspoon. Lay on a cutting board and alternately with a knife, cut into small cubes with an approximate size 1 per 1 centimeter.
Step 2: pour the tomatoes.
Step 3: infuse the tomatoes.
Step 4: boil the syrup and cook the jam.The next day, carefully drain the syrup in which the tomatoes were cooked in a deep pan, and leave the tomatoes in an aluminum bowl. Put the pan with syrup on the stove, turned on a strong level, bring to a boil and screw the stove. Boil syrup 15 to 20 minutes then fill them with green tomatoes.
Step 5: preserve the green tomato jam.
Step 6: serve green tomato jam.Green tomato jam is served cold or at room temperature. It is poured into bowls or placed on a table in deep vases, and small spoons are placed nearby and saucers are placed in order to conveniently pour jam and relish it with freshly brewed tea of any sort. Green tomato jam goes well with sweet crackers, waffles, pancakes, freshly baked buns, cookies, and even with a regular piece of bread. Tasty, not expensive and very useful! Enjoy your meal!
- - Do not digest jam and syrup, from this, tomatoes can change colors from green to burgundy or even brown.
- - Instead of citric acid, you can use concentrated lemon juice, which can be purchased at any supermarket or freshly squeezed juice from lemons.
- - Cutting tomatoes is not important, you can chop them, as it will be convenient for you.
- - Very often, cinnamon and ground cloves are added to this type of jam.
- - If you want the tomato fruits in the jam to remain intact, remove the stalk, make a few cuts in the tomato and pull out the seeds with a regular pin. Then process the tomatoes and cook the jam, as it is written in the recipe.
- - Remember that all the equipment with which you will work during the preservation of jam must be thoroughly washed with detergents or soda, then treated with boiling water or sterilized. - Sterilize lids and cans in many ways. In order to learn more about this. You can follow this link