Ingredients for Preparing Sterlet with Olives
- Sterlet fillet peeled 500 grams
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Pickled olives 6-7 pieces
- Ready fish broth 2 glasses
- Lemon 1 piece
- Horseradish root freshly grated 1 teaspoon
- Dill 2 branches
- Parsley 2 branches
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Sterlet, Olives
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Kitchen paper towels, Knife - 2 pieces, Knife for zest, Plate - 2 pieces, Stove, Frying pan, Saucepan with lid, Skimmer, Fine sieve, Colander, Bowl - 2 pieces, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Glass
Cooking sterlet with olives:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.Clean the sterlet fillet, rinse under running water and pat dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Lay it on a cutting board and use a knife to cut into portions of the size you need, grate with salt and black pepper. Put the fish on a plate and let it soak in salt and spice for about 7 to 10 minutes. While the fish is saturated with salt, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Rinse the lemon under running water along with sprigs of parsley and dill. Shake the branches over the sink in order to get rid of excess fluid, lay on a cutting board and finely chop with a knife. Remove the peel from a lemon with a special zest knife, cut into rings and select grains from them. Put prepared ingredients on separate plates. Open a jar of seedless olives, drain the marinade and cut them into small rings of thickness up to 5 millimeters or cut them into halves, put the slices in a separate plate. Then turn the stove on to a strong level, place a frying pan on it and heat it. Divide the oil into two portions and pour one of them onto the bottom of the pan. After the oil has heated, place the pieces of fish in the pan and lightly fry until golden brown. Do not overcook fish and don’t bring to full readiness, she still has to stew in the broth. Place the fried pieces of fish in a small pan, fill with the prepared fish broth, add olives, lemon slices, grated fresh horseradish root and put on a stove included in the middle level. When the broth boils, screw the stove, cover the pan with a lid and simmer the fish in it until fully cooked from 8 to 15 minutes, depending on how thick the pieces you cut. Carefully remove the finished fish with a slotted spoon, remove it from the broth and place it on a plate. Garnish the fish with the remaining lemon and olives to your taste. Sprinkle with herbs and pour olive oil on top. Strain the broth through a fine sieve and pour it in a colander into bowls. It's time to taste it.
Step 2: serve sterlet with olives.
- - For the preparation of this dish you can use olives of any color, they can be green, golden, black, dark violet, the taste of the cooked dish is brown, the color of the pickled fruit does not affect.
- - Based on this recipe, you can cook any boneless fish.
- - To prepare this dish, you can use any spices you like that are used in the preparation of fish dishes, for example, suneli hops, coriander, cloves and many others.
- - In order to make the sterlet more acute, you can put 1 chili pepper in the broth no more than 2 -3 centimeters in length.
- - If you keep the lemon in boiling water for 2 -3 hours, all the bitterness will leave it, and you can cut and put it into the broth with the peel, which will give the dish a more aesthetic appearance.
- - Sterlet with olives can be cooked not only in a pan, a small stewpan or a non-stick pan with a lid will do.
- - Do not forget that knives and cutting boards for fish, meat, raw and boiled vegetables should always be separate, since each product contains various microorganisms. Which in conjunction with foreign microorganisms can cause indigestion, pain in the stomach or an upset stomach.
- - Cutting a lemon is not essential, you can chop it into small pieces or cut into rings, half rings, slices.