Sweet Pepper Caviar Ingredients
- Sweet pepper 1 kilogram
- Crimean red onion, sweet 3 onions
- Vinegar 3% tablespoon 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil 4 tablespoons
- Tomato paste 1 tablespoon
- Pure distilled water 150 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients Pepper
- Serving 12 Servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Kitchen paper towels, Stove, Frying pan, Wooden kitchen spatula, Tablespoon, Plastic wrap, Refrigerator, Salad bowl or deep bowl
Making caviar from sweet pepper:
Step 1: prepare caviar from sweet pepper.To get started, take the sweet, bulbous, red Bulgarian onion, peel it off with a knife, rinse under running water and pat dry with paper kitchen towels. Lay the onion on a cutting board and use a knife to cut it into rings, half rings or slices no more than 1 centimeter. Slicing is not onion is not important, it can be cubes, it all depends on your desire. Transfer the prepared onions into a deep bowl. Then take a sweet salad pepper of any color, cut off the stalk of his, clean from seeds and veins. Rinse the peppercorns under running water inside and out, alternately brush over the sink, thus getting rid of excess water. Dry the peppers with kitchen paper towels, place on a cutting board, and cut into long strips until 5 - 6 centimeters in dyne and up to 1 - 1,5 centimeters. And again, slicing pepper is not important, you can cut it into cubes 1 to 1 centimeter or rings up to 1 centimeter thick. Then, on a stove included in the middle level, put the pan and pour vegetable oil into it. Pour the prepared onion into the heated oil and fry it 2 to 4 minutes to transparency and a light golden crust. Then add the prepared pepper to the onion and fry the vegetables together for another 3 - 5 minutes stirring occasionally with a wooden kitchen spatula to prevent them from burning to the bottom of the pan. Add pure sterilized water and tomato paste to the fried vegetables, season to taste with salt and black ground pepper. Simmer vegetables until fully cooked and evaporate moisture approximately 15 -20 minutes. Per 1-2 minutes add to the end result 3% table vinegar, stir caviar with a wooden spatula, simmer for a couple of minutes and set aside the pan with the finished dish to cool. Put the cooled eggs in a salad bowl or deep bowl with a tablespoon, cover with plastic wrap and let it brew in the refrigerator 1 - 2 hours.
Step 2: serve caviar from sweet pepper.
- - Instead of tomato paste, you can put ground fresh tomatoes: on the above written amount of ingredients 300 grams of juicy red tomatoes.
- - If you do not like vinegar, tomato paste or tomatoes, you can acidify the caviar with lemon juice, while it will be stewed in water.
- - At will, chopped greens are added to this type of caviar, which is stewed together with all the ingredients.
- - If you want your caviar to be spicy, add chili pepper to it, for the above amount of ingredients 1 peppercorn no more than 3 centimeters long.
- - In this type of caviar, you can use any onion, for example ordinary onion or leek. But remember that the last two types will not give the sweetness that Crimean sweet onions will give and you will have to add sugar, 1 tablespoon of sugar for the above amount of ingredients.
- - This kind of caviar can be preserved. Increase the ingredients by the amount you need, cook the caviar according to the recipe and lay it hot in sterilized jars. Sterilize the jars with caviar in boiling water for 1 liter 1 minute, liter 25 minutes. Then close them with a conservation key, turn them upside down and cool under a woolen blanket for 1 to 2 days. Store cooled cans in a dry, well-ventilated, dark place, such as a pantry, basement or cellar.