Ingredients for Tilapia with Peppermint Pesto
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- Tilapia fillet fresh ice cream 150 grams
- Concentrated lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Shrimps, boiled, and peeled 30 grams
- Cream cheese "Amber" 30 grams
- Fresh spinach 3 leaves
- Rice coarse grained flat boiled 30 grams
- Lettuce leaves 5 pieces
- Onion green feather 2 pieces
Ingredients for Peppermint Pesto:
- Fresh mint leaves 6 pieces
- Pistachio nut peeled 10 grams
- Concentrated lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Garlic 1 clove
- Fresh basil 5 sheets
- Sugar half a teaspoon
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground allspice to taste
- Main ingredients
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Oven, Deep bowl, Nonstick pan, Aluminum foil, Blender, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Plate - 2 pieces, Large round plate, Kitchen paper towels, Microwave
Making tilapia with peppermint pesto:
Step 1: prepare the fish.First, preheat the oven up to 150 degrees and prepare the fish. If you bought fresh tilapia, you need to clean it with a knife from the scales, the insides of the fins and the tail. Then cut the fish into fillets and skin. If you bought fresh frozen fish, you need to defrost it, this is done easily. The best way to defrost a fish is to transfer it from the freezer to the refrigerator, within 1 or 1.5 hours it will be thawed. But if you need accelerated defrosting, take the fish, put it in a deep bowl and fill it with cold water. Tilapia will be thawed for 15 -20 minutes. Any frozen fish is never thawed with warm or hot water. Rinse one hundred and fifty grams of thawed tilapia fillet under running water, pat dry with paper towels, sprinkle with a pinch of salt on a plate, and treat the surface with 1 teaspoon of concentrated lemon juice. Leave tilapia like this for 10 - 15 minutes during this time, it is perfectly saturated with salt and pickled in lemon juice. After the fish has been marinated, lay it on a non-stick baking sheet pre-coated with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes. Tilapia should not be fried, the fish should be steamed without a brown crust, its meat should be ready, dense not to break into pieces! After 3 to 4 minutes, remove the baking tray with the fish from the oven, let cool and then carefully so as not to damage the piece, remove the rib bones from the fish.
Step 2: prepare the filling for tilapia.While the fish is cooling, prepare the filling. To do this, place 30 grams of peeled boiled shrimp in a blender, 30 grams of Amber cream cheese, 3 leaves of spinach and beat the ingredients for 1 - 2 minutes. Then, with a tablespoon, put the whipped mass from the blender into a plate and rinse it, the blender will still come in handy. It's time to make peppermint pesto.
Step 3: prepare the mint pesto.Peppermint pesto is a dish of American cuisine and it cooks very quickly. In a clean washed blender, place 10 grams of peeled pistachio nuts, 1 clove of garlic previously peeled, 6 leaves of freshly washed mint, 5 leaves of freshly washed basil, half a teaspoon of sugar and ground black and allspice to taste. Beat the ingredients at medium speed in a thick slurry for 1 minutes transfer the whipped mass to a deep plate with a tablespoon, season with 1 teaspoon of concentrated lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then add salt to taste and mix the pesto with a tablespoon until smooth.
Step 4: turn the tilapia roll and arrange the dish.All the ingredients for the tilapia dish with peppermint pesto are ready. It remains the matter for the main thing - we form rolls! Gently place a baked thick piece of tilapia fillet on a plate. On the thin edge of a piece of fish where the costal bones used to be, place the shrimp, cheese and spinach minced meat. Very carefully so as not to damage the fish, roll the roll and tie it with two feathers of green onions. Take a large round plate, gently place a mint pesto on its middle with a tablespoon, you should get a small lake. Form the white remaining empty space around the lake from pesto with lettuce leaves washed and dried with a kitchen paper towel. Put rolled tilapia roll in the middle of the pesto lake and put boiled rice on the salad. Tilapia with peppermint pesto is ready. Before serving, preheat the dish in the microwave for 1 - 2 minutes at a low level.
Step 5: serve tilapia with peppermint pesto.Tilapia with mint pesto is a gourmet dish and served warm. This dish is decorated with green lettuce, on top you can put a couple of leaves of mint, leaves of parsley and a couple of sprigs of dill. Rice goes to the side dish for this dish. Enjoy your meal!
- - Remember that vegetables and fish are cut with different chopping knives and on different chopping boards.
- - In the same way you can prepare a paste of capers, with a single nuance, mint leaves are not added to it.
- - You can add any spices you like to this dish.
- - Thus, you can cook any boneless fish.
- - You can cook rice in the microwave, in a double boiler or in the usual way. But remember, for rice to be crumbly per 100 grams of rice, 500 milliliters of water is used.
- - Concentrated lemon juice can be purchased at the store, but if you don’t have the desire and the opportunity to go to the store for it, and in the fridge there is fresh lemon so successfully stocked up, you can safely use fresh lemon juice for the dish, squeezing it with their citrus. One lemon will be enough for 2 to 3 servings.