Baked eggplant with potato ingredients
- Eggplant medium 800 grams (3 pieces)
- Potato 1 kg (approximately 4-5 pieces)
- Onions 300 grams (3 medium onions)
- Tomato 3 pieces (for decoration)
- Sweet bell pepper 2 pieces (for decoration)
- Garlic 5-6 cloves
- Ground black pepper to your liking
- Salt at its discretion
- Ground cumin and ginger at your discretion
- Sunflower oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Parsley greens at your discretion
- Main Ingredients: Eggplant, Potato
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Deep bowl, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Kitchen stove, Wooden spatula, Baking tray, Bakeware, Cutlery, Serving dish
Cooking Baked Eggplant with Potatoes:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.Onions are peeled and washed in cold water, cut into half rings and put it aside. Next, we take the eggplant and peel it, cut it into long, neat little sticks along the whole vegetable, sprinkle with coarse salt, mix and put in a deep bowl so that they are saturated, and all the extra bitterness left them. Put off for 10-15 minutes. Then wash off the salt thoroughly and dry it on a kitchen towel. Garlic must be peeled and washed with running water, squeezed through the garlic or crushed a little with a knife and finely chopped. Peel the potatoes, cut them in half and then into half rings, put in a bowl with water so that it does not turn black.
Step 2: Put all the prepared ingredients in a mold.First of all, we lubricate the form with sunflower oil - the bottom and walls are very carefully. At the bottom of the form we put two thirds of the chopped onions, sprinkle with salt and a little ground pepper. Next, lay out the eggplant, you need not just toss it on top of each other, it is better to put each bar next to the other. Again, add a little salt and sprinkle with ground ginger and caraway seeds. The main thing is to feel the measure so as not to overdo it. On top of everything, lay the third part of onions and garlic should be evenly distributed over the entire surface. The final touch will be the potato, which we take out of a bowl of water, let it drip a little in a colander and put it on top in a mold, salt it with coarse salt and pour a little oil. The surface must be flat.so that the half rings of potatoes do not stick out, otherwise they will overcook, and there will be an unpleasant smell.
Step 3: Bake eggplant with potatoes.Preheat oven to temperature 220-240 degrees, send our form there and fry for about 40 minutes. The top layer of potatoes should be browned. After that we reduce the temperature up to 160 degrees and prepare the dish yet 10-15 minutes.
Step 4: Serve the baked eggplant with potatoes.We take the finished dish out of the oven, give it to him 5 minutes stand and soak, then spread in a wide dish, decorate with slices of washed and chopped tomato and rings of sweet bell pepper. Sprinkle with parsley. Good appetite!
- - This dish has one big drawback - it is difficult to tear yourself away from it, it has been verified by personal experience. And if you are not worried about your slim figure, then eat with great pleasure.
- - Between layers you can also put fresh and chopped mushrooms, preferably porcini or champignons. The dish as a result will be much juicier and more aromatic.
- - Store the finished dish in a sealed container in the refrigerator at a low temperature for no more than 3 days.