Ingredients for making cheese sticks
- Hard cheese 200 grams
- Wheat flour 200 grams
- Creamy Margarine 200 grams
- Sugar to your liking
- Chicken eggs 2 pcs.
- Salt to your liking
- Ground black pepper - to your liking to taste
- Sesame seeds 50 gr.
- Main ingredients: Cheese, Butter, Flour
- Serving 4-6
- World cuisineGerman cuisine
Inventory:Deep bowl, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Wooden spatula, Baking tray, Oven, Cutlery, Food wrap, Refrigerator, Grater, Sieve, Serving dish (or portioned plates)
Cooking cheese sticks:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.Sift the wheat flour onto the table through a sieve. We collect it uphill, and at the very top we do it small depression. In the deepening of the flour, rub the cream margarine on a coarse grater (you can pre-take the cream margarine from the refrigerator and leave it to soften at room temperature, but in no case melt it on the stove). Creamy margarine mix with wheat flour, rubbing with your hands in small crumbs. Then we grate the cheese on a grater (it is better to grate on a fine-sized grater, then the dough will turn out homogeneous and the finished products will be even and smooth; if you choose a large grater, then the product may stick to the baking sheet, but the product will be more airy). Add a pinch of table salt and a little granulated sugar to the dough and knead the dough to a homogeneous mass. You may need to add some more wheat flour, see to it that the dough does not stick to your hands, it is smooth and even. Wrap the finished dough in a cling film and remove the refrigerator for an hour.
Step 2: We form products from the dough.On a table sprinkled with wheat flour, lay out the settled dough from the refrigerator. We pluck small pieces from the dough and roll out a small sausage from this ball with our hand. You can squeeze a little hands on the surface of the sausage, or you can leave it like that, it all depends on what shape you want to give the product. You can also roll out a layer of dough, and then cut it into strips of the size you need.
Step 3: Bake products.Grease a baking sheet with sunflower oil, put cheese sausages. Beat the eggs (it is better to beat the yolk) and grease the surface of the products. Sprinkle with sesame seeds on top. We put baked cheese sticks in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes at a temperature of 150-180 degrees. They should brown until golden brown. We take out the finished sticks from the oven and leave them a little to cool.
Step 4: Serve the cheese sticks.We put the cooled cheese sticks on a dish and enjoy the taste and aroma. You can store them for quite some time in a cardboard box, or by covering the container with a clean dishcloth. It is also desirable to store them in a place with a low degree of humidity so that the products do not become damp. Good appetite!
- - Instead of sesame seeds, you can use any other spices, for example, sprinkle with tap salt, black ground pepper or finely chopped greens. I once even sprinkled them with finely chopped bacon: loved ones simply admired this interpretation of the dish.
- - The dough can be cut with a curly knife, after which very beautiful edges of the sticks will be obtained. You can also twist the stripes with a little flagellum, after which you will get twisted sticks with a very unique and unusual shape.
- - In the dough for cheese sticks, you can add a little yellow food color in the proportion indicated on the dye package. Finished products will turn out to be very rich and beautiful in color and will even more resemble cheese products not only in aroma and taste, but also in appearance.