Ingredients for making a frugal cake
- Large orange 1 piece
- Chicken eggs 3 pieces
- Sugar (3 tablespoons for glaze) - 1 cup
- Premium wheat flour 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder 2 Tbsp
- Milk (any fat content) 3 tablespoons
- Baking powder for the test 1,5 teaspoons
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Orange, Flour
- Serving 4-6
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Measuring cup, Cutlery, Mixer or blender, Fine sieve, Grater, Bakeware, Oven, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Meat grinder, Saucepan, Cooker, Serving plate
Cooking cake "Economical":
Step 1: Prepare the dough for the cake and bake it in the oven.In a deep bowl, beat the eggs, add the granulated sugar and baking powder for the dough. Rub sugar thoroughly with a tablespoon so that it completely dissolved. Then rub the zest of the orange on the smallest grater and add it to the eggs, mix thoroughly with the bulk. Then sift through a fine sieve, directly into a bowl of wheat flour, while continuing to stir the dough. Knead the dough, start using a tablespoon, when the ingredients mix well, continue the batch manually. Gently place the finished dough in a baking dish. Preheat the oven up to 180 degrees, place a cupcake pan in it and cook about 20-25 minutes. The cupcake should acquire a ruddy golden color. When this happens, remove the mold from the oven, cool the cupcake and carefully transfer it to a serving flat dish or plate.
Step 2: Cooking Orange MarmaladeFor the preparation of orange marmalade, it is necessary to peel the orange from the remaining peel, divide it into slices, peel and large veins. Now squeeze the juice from each clove into the container, and pass the flesh of the orange through a meat grinder with small holes. After that, pour the orange juice into a small saucepan, add the orange pulp passed through the meat grinder there, sprinkle with granulated sugar, mix and put on a slow fire. Cook marmalade, stirring constantly until thick, about 10-15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, and while the marmalade is still hot, pour a cupcake on top of it, evenly distributing the fruit.
Step 3: Prepare the icing to decorate the cupcake.To make the glaze, we need to combine in a small clean saucepan 3 tablespoons of fresh milk, 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients and put on medium heat. Cook until the glaze thickens completely, while constantly stirring it so that it does not burn and does not subsequently become bitter. When the icing is ready, remove the pan from the heat, cool slightly, and then, while the glaze is still warm and did not freeze, pour it over our cupcake, prepared and insisted during this time.
Step 4: Serve the Economical Cupcake.When glaze hardens on our cupcake, which’s about after half an hour, during this time he will have time to insist and soak well. Serve it to the table with warm tea, coffee, cocoa or milk. This unpretentious cupcake as a result is very crumbly with a magical aroma of orange. And sweet marmalade and glaze will turn it into a stunningly tasty treat that will not leave anyone indifferent! Good appetite!
- - If desired, add some vanilla sugar and cinnamon to the marmalade along with granulated sugar. Such additives will significantly improve the taste of the cake and give it a special, refined aroma.
- - If in your house there was no baking powder for the test, then you can completely replace it with ordinary soda. Just keep in mind that before adding it to the dough, you must first extinguish it with lemon juice or table vinegar 9%, in the ratio - 1 teaspoon of soda, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- - You can make marmalade not only from an orange, it can be replaced with a lemon, then the cupcake will turn out to be slightly sour and refreshing, it is for a hot summer. Only in this case, add 2 times more sugar to the lemon pulp so that the cake is not too acidic.