- Tomatoes 500 g
- Bulgarian red pepper 2 pcs.
- Cucumbers 2 pcs.
- Onion 1 pc.
- Garlic 2-3 cloves
- Olive oil 100 ml
- Lemon 1 pc.
- White bread (stale) 1 slice
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Dried basil to taste
- Oregano to taste
- Pure cold water 0.5 cups
- Main Ingredients Tomato
- Portion 6-7
- World CuisineSpanish Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Blender, Serving deep plates, Paper napkins, Kettle, Cup, Glass, Refrigerator, Casserole or bowl
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.We get the ingredients necessary for preparing the soup and set aside the vegetables. We’ll start with them - we will thoroughly wash each one under running water, and then dry it with paper towels. And now in more detail - tomatoes need to be peeled, but how else can this be easily done without blanching? With tomatoes, we make knife cuts in the form of a cross, put the kettle on the stove, and boil water. We pour clean tomatoes a couple of times with boiling water, and the peel is easily detached on its own. We cut the pulp of tomatoes in large pieces. Peel the onion and garlic and shred with a knife and cutting board. Especially don’t be zealous - everything that you don’t chop will chop the blender. Cut bell pepper, remove the core with seeds, and cut it into medium-sized pieces. Peel the cucumbers, if it is too bitter, and cut it into large circles or slices. We wash the lemon and cut it in half, put one half in the refrigerator for other purposes, and squeeze the juice into the cup or plate with the rest. Cut a crust from a slice of bread, put it in a deep plate and add half a glass of cold boiled water.
Step 2: Cook the gazpacho.Already prepared ingredients are sent to the blender bowl - tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, garlic and bell pepper. Beat well, and then add the soaked pulp of white bread, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and spices. And again, whip the soup in a blender. As you can see, the cooking process is quite simple! Pour gazpacho into a bowl or saucepan and put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Step 3: Serve the finished gazpacho.We take the finished gazpacho out of the refrigerator and pour it into portioned plates. Serve this famous Spanish soup chilled, with chopped herbs, crackers or croutons, a cooking recipe that we examined earlier. This soup will perfectly refresh and saturate on a hot summer day, and therefore is a serious competitor to okroshka and beetroot, more familiar to our table. It's time to diversify it! Enjoy your meal!
- - You can change the ingredients of the soup, for example, remove soaked bread and cucumbers, and instead of lemon juice use wine vinegar, which in this dish, other things being equal, will require 2 teaspoons. However, tomatoes must be present!
- - You should not store gazpacho, it is better to cook as much soup as you can eat at a time. From the specified number of products, 6-7 servings are obtained.
- - If the gazpacho turned out, in your opinion, too thick, you can dilute it with a small amount of cold and clean water.
- - If you don’t have a blender, you can rub the vegetables through a sieve, grate or grind with a mortar and pestle.
- - Olive oil can be replaced with sunflower.