Ingredients for making hash
- Beef legs 1.5 kg.
- Scar 0.5 kg.
- Garlic 3-4 heads
- Parsley and basil, cilantro to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 8 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Pots, Cutting board, Kitchen knife and hatchet, Serving platter
Step 1: Prepare the hash.As I already said, khash is cooked seasonally, namely during the cattle slaughter in Armenia (from late autumn to mid-spring). Therefore, its main ingredient is beef legs and a scar. And the first thing we need to do is deal with them. If necessary, beef legs scrape well, washed thoroughly and scorched. Then they need to be cut lengthwise and soaked for at least a day, while it is necessary to change the water every two hours to remove a specific smell. After that, they are again washed well, scraped and set to cook on a slow fire. Note that the water should not boil too much, and in no case do not salt the broth. Do not forget to make noise. At this time, we will take care of the scar, which also needs to be washed, scraped off. Then we set it to cook over low heat. Cook until a specific odor disappears. After this, we drain the broth where the scar was cooked, and cut it into small pieces and add it to the broth, where the beef legs are cooked. Simmer for about 7-8 hours. Khash is considered ready when the meat is freely separated from the bone, and the scar has become soft. After that, the soup is seasoned with grated garlic.
Step 2: submit the hash.Before serving, chop finely the parsley, basil, cilantro and add to the soup. They serve it along with pita bread. And as an aperitif, vodka is ideal. Enjoy your meal!
- - Khash can not be salted, but it should be cooked over low heat. And in no case do not let the broth boil, as all the meat broth will be lost.
- - Also hash is eaten, eating grated radish and pita bread.
- - Traditionally, khash is eaten in the morning during breakfast.
- - They say that hash has a sobering effect. Therefore, it is eaten on the second day of the wedding in Armenia.